Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Review: Easy by Tammara Webber

 Title: Easy
Author: Tammara Webber
Source: Purchased

Synopsis:

A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.




Review:





This was my first time reading a book by Tammara Webber, and I must say that I was impressed. I've been hearing a lot about this book around the book blogging world and I just knew that I had to buy it. I'm so glad I did. This is also my first time reading a book in the New Adult genre and I'm going to have to find more books in the genre. It's like Young Adult, but with more mature content.

At the beginning, Jacqueline's long term boyfriend breaks up with her. If that's not bad enough, her boyfriend's frat brother tries to rape her. I feel like I need to mention the attempted rape, because this may be a hard topic for some to read about. It ends up sending a really good message though to young women – especially those who live on campus.

Sexy, mysterious Lucas comes to Jacqueline's rescue. After the attack, she notices that Lucas is in one of her classes. Their relationship slowly develops and there is a lot of sexual tension. This book definitely doesn't lack in the romance department. There are so many swoon-worthy moments. Lucas seems to be the perfect guy, though he is hiding some deep secrets that continue to haunt him.

This is a very realistic book filled with all sorts of emotions. I was hooked from the first page and couldn't put it down. I've heard this book is not part of a series, but I so wish it was. I'm not ready to be done with Lucas and Jacqueline's story. 

Find the author here:

Find this book at the following places:
Amazon (paperback)
Amazon (kindle)

1 comment: