Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Review: Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen

 Title: Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers #1)
Author: Michelle Rowen
Source: Purchased


Synopsis:

I don't do dangerous.

Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back.

Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me....

NIGHTWATCHERS

When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...


 



Review:


Photobucket


Dark Kiss is the first book in the Nightwatchers series by Michelle Rowen. It's about a teenage girl named Samantha who is dealing with the after effects of a life changing kiss. After her crush kisses her, she starts feeling different. She feels hungry all the time, but food doesn't diminish the hunger.

Sam meets Bishop, who figures out what has happened to her and thinks that he can help her. He has to finish his mission first, but for some reason he can only think clearly when he is touching Sam. They should be enemies, but they are able to help each other.

Overall, I was disappointed with the book. I was really drawn to the cover and the synopsis sounded great. The plot was interesting, but I felt that the book just kind of dragged on. The most interesting character in the book was probably Kraven – a background character. The two main characters were just dull and boring to me. Bishop was a weak character because of his constant mental confusion.

There was no cliffhanger at the end, but I was still left with a lot of questions. I suppose they will probably be answered in the following book, but I don't know that I'm interested enough to continue this series. If you're a big fan of young adult paranormal romances, then you might give this book a try. There are a lot of other readers who loved this story.


Find the author here:


Find this book at the following places:
BAM

No comments:

Post a Comment