Monday, December 1, 2014

Review: Hard to Hold on To by Laura Kaye

 Title: Hard to Hold on To (Hard Ink #2.5)
Author: Laura Kaye
Source: Purchased


Synopsis:

Edward "Easy" Cantrell knows better than most the pain of not being able to save those he loves--which is why he is not going to let Jenna Dean out of his sight. He may have just met her, but Jenna's the first person to make him feel alive since that devastating day in the desert more than a year ago.

Jenna has never met anyone like Easy. She can't describe how he makes her feel--and not just because he saved her life. No, the stirrings inside her reach far beyond gratitude.

As the pair are thrust together while chaos reigns around them, they both know one thing: the things in life most worth having are the hardest to hold on to.





Review:





Hard to Hold on To is book #2.5 in the Hard Ink series by Laura Kaye. You'll definitely want to read the 2 previous books in this series before reading this one. This one starts off seamlessly where book 2 ends. Jenna is being rescued, and she is the heroine in this book. We also get to read Easy's story – who seems like such a likeable, laid-back character in the other books. He has much more emotional turmoil than anyone knows.

This book is considered a novella, but it's still approximately 200 pages. Actually, I wish it was a full length book. The fact that this book is a .5 in the series instead of a whole number is driving my OCD crazy! I think there was enough story to make this book longer, but enough about that...

Jenna is recovering from being kidnapped, beaten, drugged, groped... Luckily, she only had to endure it for a day or so before Easy and his team saved her. Easy feels compelled to protect her, so he stays with her while she is recovering. Jenna feels just as comfortable with Easy as he does with her. He brings her comfort and she doesn't want him to leave her side, which is sweet.

This book doesn't have any action in it like the others, but since I'm such a romance fanatic I'm ok with that. There is a sweet and sexy blossoming romance between Jenna and Easy. Not only that, but this story also holds such a great message about depression and suicide among military veterans. This is an emotional filled story that will tug on your heartstrings.

As with the other books in the series, all the other characters are there in the background. I love how Jeremy's shirt choices are always talked about in this series, and I hope he gets his own book. I was really surprised at the subject that was hinted at when it comes to Jeremy. That's not something I picked up on before. Maybe I completely just missed it before, but I love how Laura just threw that in there. I don't want to give anything away though so I'll stop there. I just want to say that this is a great series, and I'm looking forward to the next book!


Visit the author here:


Find this book at the following places:

No comments:

Post a Comment