Sunday, January 6, 2013

Review: Mark of the Princess by B.C. Morin

 Title: Mark of the Princess (The Kingdom Chronicles #1)
Author: B.C. Morin
Source: Free on Amazon

Synopsis:

The feisty and determined faerie Princess Alannah is many things, but she never thought she would be the key to her people’s destruction.

Kidnapped for a power she does not yet possess, Alannah finds herself in the clutches of the most malevolent sorcerer of her time. Maligo. Alannah escapes her prison with help from the handsome and stalwart warrior faerie, Brennus.

Now she must cross mountains and forests fraught with rogue faeries, vicious Fae-hating trolls, dangerous shape-shifters, and more to reach the only ones that can help her control her incoming powers. The Elder Faeries.

With Brennus by her side, Alannah is determined to reach the Elder Faeries and save her people. Maligo is just as determined she never makes it that far.




Review:


Photobucket

Mark of the Princess is the first book in The Kingdom Chronicles by B.C. Morin. It's a fairytale about a faerie princess being kidnapped and trying to figure out her emerging powers. The main character in the book is Alannah, whom I had trouble connecting with. I actually just had trouble connecting with the book as a whole. I really wanted to like it, and there are so many positive reviews.

The romance definitely didn't go the way I thought it would. There ended up being a love triangle that I was a little disappointed in. Half of the book was dedicated to Alannah's sister Evyette, who set out in search of Alannah. There was a nice little romance for Evyette, but I wanted to read about Alannah and Kaleb.

The writing seemed awkward to me. It's hard to explain – I just wasn't feeling it I guess. If you're a fan of fairy tales, I would go ahead and give it a try. Like I said, there are so many good reviews of this book. It just wasn't for me.


Find this ebook at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment