Sunday, September 1, 2013

Review: Endlessly by Kiersten White

 Title: Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3)
Author: Kiersten White
Source: Purchased


Synopsis:


Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.


The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.


So much for normal.




Review:


Photobucket


So I finally got around to reading Endlessly, the third and final book in the Paranormalcy trilogy. Honestly, I don't have too much to say about this book. It didn't seem to be much different than the others. Evie had the typical supernatural drama. There was also the usual lack of time spent between Evie and Lend. It seemed like those two were always separated during the series for one reason or another. The romance between these 2 is really bland and boring.

I just couldn't get into the story, even though it was well written. Evie's “voice” in the story was really getting on my nerves though. She tried too hard to be funny and sarcastic. The most interesting parts of the story involved Jack or Reth. They had personality, unlike Lend. Actually, I was almost to the point where I was hoping for a relationship between Evie and Reth.

The ending was bittersweet. It actually ended a little abruptly to me. I felt like something was missing. As a whole, I was pretty disappointed in the entire series. I was compelled to buy all these books because of the beautiful covers. I need to remember not to judge a book by its cover. I know that I'm in the minority - there's a lot of 5 star reviews out there. So, if you are contemplating reading this series, don't let my review stop you. Just because this series wasn't my cup of tea doesn't mean it won't be yours.

1 comment:

  1. In this third book, I liked Jack and Reth a ton too despite strongly disliking both previously-their personalities just shone while Evie's was kind of annoying.

    ReplyDelete