Sunday, October 27, 2013

Review: Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

 Title: Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2)
Author: Jamie McGuire
Source: Won

Synopsis:

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster.

Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.




Review:





Walking Disaster is the second book in the Beautiful series by Jamie McGuire, and it's pretty much just the same book except it's from Travis' point of view. You don't even necessarily need to read the first book in the series, because it's the same story. This one had a little extra of Travis' past in the prologue, but he was only like, 3. It seemed like the events in the prologue were written to give the reader a glimpse of how the past shaped who he is. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't remember one thing from when I was 3.

In the first book, I thought that the character of Abby was just “ok”. She really got on my nerves so much throughout the book. During this book, I got to the point that I couldn't stand her. Really, she was a b*tch to Travis much of the time, and I have no idea why he spent so much of his time chasing after her. You could see how much she hurt him emotionally, yet he wouldn't give up on her. So, that was particularly frustrating. There were times when she acted like she didn't care about him whatsoever. I would have too much pride chasing after someone who didn't act like they wanted me.

So, just to sum this review up – I was a bit bored throughout it all. I mean, I really liked reading from Travis' point of view...BUT...I think chapters from his point of view just should have been put into the first book and this book wouldn't have needed to happen. There was an epilogue at the end of this book that had a little bit of future story, but honestly it felt weird to me. I can't even explain why – maybe partially because it was 11 years in the future. It just didn't seem very believable to me.


Visit the author here:


Find this book at the following places:

No comments:

Post a Comment