Thursday, March 19, 2015

Review: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

 Title: Maybe Someday
Author: Colleen Hoover
Source: Purchased


Synopsis:

At twenty-two years old, Sydney is enjoying a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers that Hunter is cheating on her—and she’s forced to decide what her next move should be.

Soon, Sydney finds herself captivated by her mysterious and attractive neighbor, Ridge. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either. They soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.

A passionate tale of friendship, betrayal, and romance, Maybe Someday will immerse readers in Sydney’s tumultuous world from the very first page.



 


Review:





I have never been more frustrated with finishing a book. I'm so frustrated that I feel like I could cry. Or maybe part of that is because my body is so overwhelmed with the amount of emotions that I have felt while reading this. When I turned the last page, I was wanting more so badly. I didn't know it was the last page. I was scared to look while I was reading, because I knew I was nearing the end and didn't want it to be over.

Don't get me wrong...there is no cliffhanger. The book ended perfectly. I'm just so upset that it is over. I want more. I want to see what happens with these characters. And then I got to the acknowledgments at the end and saw that Colleen had mentioned this being her first stand-alone. Then I was just horrified. I mean, I know that there is a novella about a couple of background characters. And for that I'm happy. I'll take anything I can get. And I'm off to buy that as soon as I get done writing this.

This book took the place of my favorite book of all time. Why did I have it on my shelf for so long before I read it? I can't even do this book justice by writing a normal review and talking about the storyline and characters. I'm just in awe. And feeling a wee bit emotional. I've never had a reaction like this to finishing a book before. And this is why Colleen Hoover is my favorite author of all time. If you like romance at all, you HAVE to read this book. Parts of it are so gut-wrenching, but it's worth it. This will be a book you will never forget.

Now here's the part where I beg and plead Colleen to write a book about Ridge's brother Brennan. I would love to know more about him. And I would love for Ridge and Sydney to make an appearance. My heart won't be able to handle it otherwise. I'm not trying to give Colleen a guilt trip... Well, maybe just a tiny bit... Please. Please. Please.

(Oh. And the soundtrack to this book is wonderful. I haven't listened to the last 2 songs yet. But I will. I'm just afraid I'll start bawling when I hear them. And my husband is sitting right next to me and I don't want him thinking that I have fallen off the deep end.)



Visit Colleen here:


Purchase Maybe Someday at the following places:


And here is the link to the music from the Maybe Someday soundtrack:

1 comment:

  1. Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete