Friday, February 11, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

I can admit it, I am addicted to reading. I have a big bookshelf overflowing with books. There are tons on there that I haven't even read yet, but I still can't help but buy more. Border's gets too much of my money! Once I read a book, I have a hard time getting rid of it. Books are just so pretty that I want to keep them forever. My sweet hubby just bought me an eReader! That, of course, will just fuel the addiction, lol... I got a Sony pocket edition from Border's – it was on sale for $130. I haven't even had a chance to use it yet – I'm trying to get another book finished first. I am really anxious to read my first ebook though! When I first heard of eReaders, I thought they were a dumb idea. I wondered why anyone would want to read off of a screen when they could have the actual book. Eventually, I felt like I was the only one who didn't have one. I could see times when an eReader would actually come in handy. Also, there are books I've found online that I would like to read that only seem to be available in ebook format.


I used to read all the time when I was young, and then for some reason stopped for several years. I don't really remember why, maybe it was the birth of my son. I have to admit, the thing that got me back into reading was Twilight. I was probably one of the last to know about Twilight. I'm not much of a tv watcher – I'm always on my computer when I'm not taking care of the kids or doing housework. I never saw previews or anything. Then, I started hearing about how every teen girl in America was going crazy for Twilight. I was just sure it was going to be stupid and I was NOT about to jump on that bandwagon. Well, I jumped, lol... I don't even know what made me do it. I saw the book in the store one day and bought it. The movie wasn't released yet on dvd and I was curious as to what the hype was all about. I read it in 2 days I think, and fell in love. I got the rest of the books and read them just as quickly. Not only did Twilight start my reading obsession – it started my paranormal obsession. From there, I read the Sookie Stackhouse series, Vampire Academy, etc...


Anway, all of this is what inspired me to start a book review type of blog. I ran across some other blogs by paranormal book readers, and loved them. I'll admit, I not a pro at writing reviews. Actually, I'm probably not all that great at it – I'm always afraid of revealing too much so I don't know what to say. I also know that I will make spelling and grammar mistakes. I'm not a writer – I'm a reader. I know I don't sound “worldly” or “scholarly” like other book reviewers. I'm more of a hick from the midwest, lol... But anyway, I hope to meet others that share the same passion as me, and I hope someone will enjoy my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment