Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review: Fierce Dawn by Amber Scott


Synopsis:

Snarling teeth, glowing eyes. Someone--something--is after her.

The man who haunts her dreams enters her reality, claiming she's transforming into a changeling--not quite immortal but no longer human.

Battlelines are drawn and blood spills as the two fight not only for her life, but for mankind's as well.



Review:


Fierce Dawn is a wonderful love story involving the paranormal world. Sadie is a human who is turning into a changeling. Nobody knows exactly what Sadie will change into, or what her powers will be, so it keeps it kind of exciting. After a family tragedy, some things happen and Sadie is seen as “crazy”. Her sister hovers over her, she is forced to go to counseling, and she basically has meds being shoved down her throat. Everyone acts like Sadie is crazy, and nobody will truly listen to her. This part of the story really hits home with me, and I can totally empathize.

The character of Elijah is wonderful – just what Sadie needs. Through Elijah, Sadie finds out about the paranormal world. Finding out that she is not fully human explains her past actions and behaviors. Elijah and Sadie have amazing chemistry together. Elijah struggles with some inner turmoil and vows to not get too close to Sadie. Sadie, on the other hand, has dreamt about Elijah for months so when he actually comes into her life – she wants nothing more than to be with him.

It did take me just a little bit to get into the story, but once I did I was hooked. This book has a variety of paranormals, a lot of action, sizzling passion, and sweet romance. It's the perfect book for any adult paranormal romance reader. I'm even intrigued by the background characters. I think I read somewhere that it will be part of a series – I really hope so because I want more!


You can buy Fierce Dawn at the following places:

Amazon (Kindle)

Amazon (Paperback)

Smashwords (All formats)

Barnes & Noble (Nook)


3 comments:

  1. Super Yay! I love it so much when a reader connects with a story I had so much fun writing. Thank you for sharing your experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this book and can't wait for more. Thanks for sharing your review today, it is fun when folks are of like minds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one on my pile to read soon - am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete