Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: Revelations (King's X - Episode 2)


Synopsis:
In Episode 2 - The mysteries of the King's X deepen with every Revelation.

1291 A.D. His people and his treasures threatened by the enigmatic Templars, Captain Shahin is forced to join their expedition. Broussard and Khali escape the burning city of Acre, only to find themselves on a strange journey to an unknown destination.

1968 A.D. Saved from the police by a strange drifter with ties to his past, Book reunites with Molly in a mysterious bookstore. Here she must dream to remember.




Review:


Revelations is the 2nd episode in a 4 part series. I enjoyed this episode as much as I did the first, if not more. The action slowed down a little to allow for the revelations to be soaked up by the reader. Again, the story goes back and forth between 2 different centuries, and you start to get a glimpse of how it all ties together. I like the dialogue scenes between Book, John, and Jacob. It's through this dialogue that some of the questions are answered. Of course, not all the questions are answered - leaving you wanting to read the next book. I also enjoyed the scenes between Khali and Broussard, both not knowing why they are drawn to each other. I see a beautiful love story blossoming between these two. Just knowing that these 2 souls fall in love time after time is the ultimate romance. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for anything romantic. I'm really looking forward to the next episode in this series.

5 comments:

  1. I loved your review of the first one so much that I bought them...thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to mention in the blog that this ebook is available here:

    http://www.amazon.com/Kings-Episode-Revelations-ebook/dp/B004GHNIVG/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1300929379&sr=1-6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Tishia! I just saw this posted on Goodreads and stopped by to see it on your blog. Great to see that you are enjoying the rest of the series. Thanks again! - Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I've just finished Episode 3 and it's non-stop, with more great revelations. I never used to read short stories but this series is fantastic, both in the way it has been done and the way I can fit these into my routine when I don't really want to start a full novel.

    ReplyDelete